Wednesday 21 January 2015

Blog Review - Foundation Phase Swansea

The blog which I am going to review is called Foundation Phase Swansea by Jan Mills, the Foundation Phase co-ordinator. The reason why I have chosen this blog is because it relates to my job as a teaching assistant in a local primary school. I work in three different classes in the Foundation Phase and this blog keeps me updated on all things related to the Foundation Phase in Swansea.

First let's have a look at the design of the blog; in my opinion the design of the blog is creative and it mirrors the ethos of the Foundation Phase Wales. The colours which are used are bright and eye-catching. The blog consists of: a search engine; popular posts section; useful links; an archive and a follow section. One aspect of the blog which I particularly like is that you can choose to read the blog in both English and Welsh; this is something which can encourage teachers who teach through the medium of Welsh to read this blog.

The interactive aspect of Foundation Phase Swansea is what drew me to read and follow this blog. I especially like blogs which use colour, pictures and videos to make the blog more appealing. I feel that this blog does exactly just that, the exciting appearance of the blog attracts teachers, teaching assistants and parents to read the blog.

One reason why I decided to include this educational blog in my own blog is because it provides many teaching resources for teachers and teaching assistants to use in their lessons. Resources for Mathematics lessons are available, for example mental maths starters.

Additionally, it provides reminders for teachers to read up on how the Foundation Phase is being updated and revised. The results of studies regarding the success of the Foundation Phase, is also published. This blog allows me to keep myself updated on the latest teaching methods.

Lastly, the Foundation Phase Swansea blog posts include links to the Flying Start scheme in Swansea. Parents are able to click on the links provided to find out more about Flying Start in their area. This is ideal as parents can research about the different schools which offer the scheme and if they are eligible to apply.

To conclude, I feel this blog brings together different pieces of information regarding the Foundation Phase into one collective blog. It is easy to access and use and allows readers to gain more information regarding the Foundation Phase in Swansea.

No comments:

Post a Comment