Tuesday 20 January 2015

Animations hard to make you say? Think again...




If you are like me thinking that animations are extreamly complicated and difficult to create then, think again! With the easy to use website called ABCya! designed for children, you can create extravagant animations in a matter of minutes. The best part of it all is that you don't need be great at art to be great at making animations. As a beginner at making animations, I found this website to be useful for learning the basics behind animation design.

Being a teaching assistant, I can see the benefits of using animations in primary schools. They can encourage creativity and imagination for children who may not like to draw on paper but excel at using technology, like ipads and computers. I would definitely recommend this website for KS1 and KS2 pupils. 

Here is an animation I created using ABCya! It is an animation based on an iconic phrase, see if you can guess which phrase it is.

I hope this post can show you how easy it is to use web 2.0 applications to make animations. So what are you waiting for? Get animating!

No comments:

Post a Comment